Our senior care services begin with a vision of care…to enhance quality of life by providing superior care within an environment that fosters patient dignity and integrity. All that we do is predicated on this customer service principle.
Our senior care program is geared toward diagnostic clarification of seniors with emotional and behavioral disturbances, while at the same time pharmacologically and therapeutically optimizing our patient’s performance of daily living skills. We also incorporate caregiver education in our treatment approach which includes:
- Diagnostic education
- What is the difference between a Medical Power of Attorney and Healthcare Surrogate
- Who appoints a Healthcare Surrogate and when will one be appointed
- Rules and guidelines for the Healthcare Surrogate
- Placement Options
- Strategies in successfully dealing with a patient who has dementia.
Treatment and discharge planning begins at admission and is provided through an interdisciplinary team approach consisting of a psychiatrist, the individual, family/legal guardian when possible, therapist, nurse, case manager, mental health technician, activities specialist and other professionals. Multiple treatment methods are available, including:
- Psychiatric/Medical Management
- Therapies (individual, group and family)
- Psychological Services (testing)
- Nursing Services
- Education Groups
- Recreational Activities
- Case Management
- 12 Step Work (chemical dependent track)
For detailed program or referral information, please contact the program director at (304) 526-9367 or send an online inquiry.