Child and Adolescent
At River Park Hospital, it is our mission to help children, adolescents and their families attain better emotional health through assessment, individualized treatment and aftercare planning.
Although it may be difficult to determine when intervention is necessary, River Park is here to help. Some signs to look for include:
- Suicidal threats, gestures or attempts
- Homicidal threats that do not coincide with criminal activity
- Inability to concentrate
- Extreme mood swings or angry aggressive outbursts
- Use or addiction to alcohol and/or drugs
- Prolonged sadness or excessive crying
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- School failure or refusal to attend
- Changes in sleep and/or eating patterns.
Treatment and discharge planning begins at admission and is provided through an interdisciplinary team approach consisting of a psychiatrist, therapist, teacher, nurse, case manager, mental health technician, activities specialist, the youth, family/legal guardian and other professionals. Multiple treatment modalities are utilized including:
- Psychiatric/Medical Management
- Therapies (individual, group and family)
- Educational Groups
- Recreation Activities
- Case Management
- Nursing Services
- On-site Education Services by certified teaching personnel
For detailed program or referral information, please contact Donna Midkiff:
You can also send an online inquiry.